Monday, March 20, 2017

Week 8 Part Two

Visual Media is a very good thing when it comes to my business, as I like to market myself online and do that through Instagram and Youtube. Often, as a personal trainer, people like to know or see that what you are doing, is working. I like to post training videos and videos of my clients training almost daily. I use Instagram stories, snapchat, Instagram video and youtube videos to show my workout routines and even meals that I eat throughout the day. 

I have a ton of friends who use visual social media for their businesses. Almost everyone in my industry is turning to visual social media to show their work, to show client progress, to show what the fitness life is about. YouTube has become one of the most popular forms of visual social media. Many of my fitness friends and people I look up to use YouTube to run their businesses. It is very effective. People like to see and watch what goes on in the daily life of some of my peers. I notice that in my profession, its about engagement and YouTube has opened up many doors to engage with people from all over the world. Most of the users I follow post at least twice a week. Usually they post more and this again, is because of the engagement factor. I notice that some do it on certain days, as people start to look forward to the posts, and I notice that some businesses post randomly. I like to follow people in my business who already have a lot of followers, to see what they are doing to be successful. They receive a lot of comments, and they also answer every single one as well. 


Another very popular visual social media source is Instagram. I have many friends who make a killing from posting and getting clients from Instagram, and it is all through pictures and videos. Again, I like to follow people who inspire me but also have a good following so I can better see what they are doing to grow their following. Instagram is great because you can post daily, you can post several times a day to keep people following along. I notice that the people I follow and look up to post 1-3 times a day. Usually it consists of a video, flexing picture, food picture or quote. I can see that people like realness, people like to follow along with struggle, people like to see that people they look up to go through the trials and tribulations of daily life. People like to see the good and the bad, that you can overcome and push through obstacles. I notice thats what a lot of posts are about and I love how they incorporate visuals with this, its very impacting. The likes usually match with the following, I can tell that these people have real followers and the engagement is high. 

Examples of people who have great followings :
@grantme_fitness
@amandabuccifit
@smith.julian
@alphatrainingprotocols

No comments:

Post a Comment