As far as difficulty experienced with a business, I have been lucky in mostly all my purchases. There is only one incident that I can think of, and it was a purchase made through Ebay. Unfortunately, this person never sent the product, never gave a refund and never got back to any of my messages. I had to contact Ebay about it, and the only thing I could do at that point, was give them a negative review. This doesn't really have to do with social media at all, but this has been the only problem I have encountered when I had ordered a product.
I do notice that, if a business has an Instagram or Facebook, and someone comments negatively, the brand will respond immediately. All in all, no one wants a bad review, and wants to show that they care about their customers when other people visit their page. So, yes, I do think that social media gets the problem solved faster. When someone brings up a product, I immediately go to Instagram or Facebook to find it. I often check Yelp as well. I think social media is huge when it comes to reviews about a product or service!
I have had many positive experiences communicating through social media! Half of the products I buy, I find through Instagram. When I purchase an item, many of the business' will personally thank me. Most of the time I buy clothing and will shout the company out. Sometimes I will have companies reach out to me so they can send me a free product to shout them out. Social media has been a great marketing tool for me and other companies as far as Instagram goes.
On my social media, I run my business through Instagram. Honestly, I delete many comments as they can be very hateful and disrespectful. Sometimes I will kill them with kindness. If I did sell something and someone didn't like it, I would most likely shoot them an e-mail and see how we can get to some kind of resolution. I would never blame anyone, but rather, see how I can become better from the whole situation. There will be a lot of people in our lives that aren't going to agree with everything that we do, and thats ok. Its important to not take it personally and either come to a resolution, give a refund or see how you can improve your product and/or services.
Hello Jordyn,
ReplyDeleteI do agree with you that social media improved customer service quality as they try to avoid getting any bad reviews. It also protects consumers from buying bad products/services due to the reviews they get.
I am very surprised to know that you find most of the products you buy through Instagram. I never thought about using Instagram for that purpose (I normally check on Amazon).
I would be very interested to know more about how you run your business through Instagram.
I really enjoyed the part where you say that a lot of people aren't going to agree with everything we do and to not take it personally. I think that is a great advice and really necessary if you want to run a successful business through Social Media. Great post!
Priscila
Hello Jordyn,
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear you had troubles with Ebay. I've never had trouble with Ebay but I also don't normally use them. I have however had some trouble with Amazon sending the wrong order. Also, totally believe Instagram is a great and unique way to promote business. I generally take time each day to try and get more genuine followers who I think could potentially be interested in my products.
Hi Jordyn,
ReplyDeleteYou're right you can't please everyone all the time. My question for you is, the disrespectful comments that you deleted, were they seen by any of your other customers? By sending an email others who may have seen what was said didn't read how you positively you handled their experience.
I think it's such a fine balance between deleting rude remarks and "killing 'em with kindness." I totally don't think that you should ever have to deal with abusive comments on your social media, regardless of whether it's for personal or business use. I think it's great that you are drawing boundaries like that, but still responding to negative comments that don't venture into disrespectful territory.
ReplyDelete