- Choose two of the following websites and identify at least three potential problems for visitors.
- What could be improved on these websites and why would these improvements help?
The first website I chose was http://www.headhunterhairstyling.com, to talk about 3 negatives and how I think they could improve. When I visited this website, the pictures they used didn’t really draw me in and they also looked a little outdated. The blog section has not been updated for more than a few months and the colors were not very engaging when it came to me wanting to look at the website more. I wasn’t drawn in. So, as far as improvements go, I think they need a little more upkeep on their website. I feel that in order to draw in business, they should have a website that makes people want to look and find out more about it. Right away, the colors and the pictures were off to me. I didn’t really have any urge to navigate more. Also, when there is a blog, I love to see new content, especially in a business like this. I like to see that they are keeping up with new trends and so fourth. The website was just dull to me and it was mostly the lack of upkeep that threw me off.
The next website I chose was, http://www.pennyjuice.com. As far as problems with the website goes, you need flash player to even open this website. I don’t download flash from unknown websites or usually at all, because it messes with my computer. Therefore, with no flash for this website, I can’t even see the product and have no clue what this website is about! I think that they should go through a website service or provider that all people can open, with or without Flash Player. It’s a bummer when you get to a site and can’t even see what they are about because you need flash player. It diverts me away immediately!
- Choose two of the following websites and identify what they have done right.
- How does design, aesthetics and branding impact your reaction to the websites?
When I checked out http://www.stonebrewing.com, I was drawn in right away. I love the picture layouts on the main page of the website. It shows all the locations and each location has a different link to click, which is super helpful if you don’t live near one and have to go to one. It's just nice that you can choose from a few, and the landing page also has careers and tours as well. The website is laid out so it is easy to navigate. I like how you have to show you are of age as well before continuing on the website tour! The pictures are what usually draw me in, and when they are done well and show the brand well, I will most likely check out the website to see if its something I’m interested in. I definitely wanted to check out this website more, and I don't even like beer! If the layout looks good to me, I will also keep navigating to see if the layout may be a good idea for my website! I like the drop down menus and how everything has a picture to it. I like how I can see all their products along with the names. Again, Im very visual and its nice to know exactly what I would be getting if I wanted to visit their spots! I Love the layout and the easiness of the website. It's easily accessible and the colors and pictures drew me in!
The second website I chose for what is done right, is http://www.apple.com. This may sound weird, but I love how “clean” their website is. There is not too much going on, the black and white make it nice to look at. The minimalism and showing of only a few products at a time, make you want to see more. It is not cramped up at all. The website has all the products categorized, and based on what product you want, it is easy to find. They always show or mention the products that aren’t released on the landing page too, to keep you intrigued and wanting more. The large photos make the products easy to look at and give you an idea of just what you would be getting. I like that it doesn’t have my eyes going 100 MPH and I keep wanting to dig deeper and deeper to see all the product versions they offer, just by showing me one!
The first website I chose was http://www.headhunterhairstyling.com, to talk about 3 negatives and how I think they could improve. When I visited this website, the pictures they used didn’t really draw me in and they also looked a little outdated. The blog section has not been updated for more than a few months and the colors were not very engaging when it came to me wanting to look at the website more. I wasn’t drawn in. So, as far as improvements go, I think they need a little more upkeep on their website. I feel that in order to draw in business, they should have a website that makes people want to look and find out more about it. Right away, the colors and the pictures were off to me. I didn’t really have any urge to navigate more. Also, when there is a blog, I love to see new content, especially in a business like this. I like to see that they are keeping up with new trends and so fourth. The website was just dull to me and it was mostly the lack of upkeep that threw me off.
- Choose two of the following websites and identify what they have done right.
- How does design, aesthetics and branding impact your reaction to the websites?
The second website I chose for what is done right, is http://www.apple.com. This may sound weird, but I love how “clean” their website is. There is not too much going on, the black and white make it nice to look at. The minimalism and showing of only a few products at a time, make you want to see more. It is not cramped up at all. The website has all the products categorized, and based on what product you want, it is easy to find. They always show or mention the products that aren’t released on the landing page too, to keep you intrigued and wanting more. The large photos make the products easy to look at and give you an idea of just what you would be getting. I like that it doesn’t have my eyes going 100 MPH and I keep wanting to dig deeper and deeper to see all the product versions they offer, just by showing me one!
I agree about the Apple website. Even though there is a lot going on, it looks very clean. I think I might be the only one in the class who did not like the Stone Brewing Co. website. It thought it was too busy and the navigation was confusing.
ReplyDeleteHello Jordyn,
ReplyDeleteAbout headhunterhairstyling.com, I thought the pictures and the website colors were OK. They could definitely be improved as far as contrast goes (to catch more attention) but they weren’t so bad that would turn a customer away. I totally agree that their Blog should be updated and have more interesting content otherwise nobody will engage.
I also picked Penny Juice as one of the websites to identify the problems. I had to! As soon as you get to their home page it is actually shocking to see how poorly designed it is. I totally agree with you, they have this useless Flash Version of their website that imposes consumers to have Flash downloaded in their computer to be able to see it. It is very hard to figure out what the website is all about and what they are selling since their content is so poor.
Stonebrewing.com has a nice website. It is well designed, very nice pictures and good content but when I look at a website, I like clear and simple. Some pages were a little too busy and confusing for my taste. But it is definitely a very interesting website and if consumers are interested in their content, they will probably explore and come back to it.
I also picked Apple as one of the websites to identify what they have done right. I actually chose Apple before I even went on their website because due to the kind of company it is, they have a reputation where you expect things to be done right. I also love the simplicity and the plainness of their website. The black and white colors along with the awesome and professional pictures give it a very high end and sophisticated look. I totally agree that it is not cramped up and a very catching website where you want to explore more as you go.
I like the clean look of Apple's website and how effects the way you navigate the site. I think that Headhunter Hairstyles used organization to create a good flow through their website. Your post gave a lot of perspective.
ReplyDeleteHI, I agree with your view on Headhunter website. I also found it too plain,It didn't come out at me to make me want to stay a while. The colors and design might help create that attraction.
ReplyDelete